Personal Information collected from visiting our platform
When you request for our admission specialists to be in contact with you for you to schedule a one-on-one demo and inquiry session, you will be asked to enter your full name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience and for us to personalize the session to best fit your needs. When you request to be registered with us, the above information will also be requested including your physical address, ID number, the learner’s email address, full name and age.
How do we use your information?
Any kind of personal information collected from visiting our website, requesting a session with our admission specialists, registering a learner with us or filling in a survey will be used for the following, but not limited to, purposes:
- To design a personalized experience and a service that provides relevant requested information to our clients
- To gather feedback that continuously allows us to develop a user friendly website and platform
- To allow us to provide, maintain and improve our Client Care Services
- To provide our clients with relevant surveys, promotions and announcements
- To have safe, quick and effective banking transactions
- To analyse our business to ensure that it is performing well
Third Party Disclosure
All personal information gathered is not sold, traded or transferred to any third parties without explicit consent. This however, does not include all our website hosting services who might need this information to provide services for us. This information is to be kept confidential by the parties and is protected by agreement. Third party disclosure of your information may also come into operation if we reasonably believe that it is appropriate in terms of complying with the law, or for the protection of any party’s personal rights and safety. Moreover, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Apart from third party links for marketing and advertising, we also make use of Google Ads in line with their Advertising Principles to provide a positive experience for users can be found here:
How we at Wingu Academy protect our visitor information in line with the requirements of the POPIA.
POPIA dictates that privacy policies have to consider the following:
(a) Protect the integrity and confidentiality of the personal information
(b) Prevent the loss of, or damage to, the personal information;
(c) Prevent the unlawful access to, and unauthorised destruction of, the personal information;
(d) Identify internal and external risks
(e) Safeguard against losing or damaging the personal information.
In order to protect visitor personal information we have the following in place:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- Users are able to request for the change of their personal information
- We do not allow third party behavioral tracking
- We do not specifically market to children under 13 years of age
- Users can request to unsubscribe from all correspondences from us
- We have a unique username and password for all our platform users protected by the regulations of Moodle with can be found here:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to Wingu Academy employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We safely keep our userdata on our database and delete it after 3 years of unenrolling with us. However, a client can explicitly request to be deleted after the term of unenrolling.
- Userdata is backed up daily onto secure cloud servers located in Germany
- Personal data submitted to us via jotform will be using SSL/secure form URL to be accepted therefore, it is protected and supported by high-grade 256-bit encryption
- For payments we use the providers, netcash and payfast. Their privacy policies can be found here https://netcash.co.za/privacy-notice/ and https://www.payfast.co.za/privacy-policy